Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

365 Days in Nature - Days 25 - 32

Day 32 - also February 1 - I have decided that I will have my own little theme for this month, so every day is going to bloom! A red, velvety old-fashioned rose, which has the most amazing rosy rose perfume!


Day 31 - my most favourite tree is the Jacaranda. Not far from our place, 2.5kms as the crow flies, is a farm that has this amazing driveway. It is so impressive, we can see the purple haze from our place when the trees are in bloom.

Day 30 - a beautiful large moth - would love to identify it but haven't been able to do so.

Day 29 - the cloud formations over the Manning Valley at our place (Artisans On The Hill) are so varied and you'll work out if you check this blog out regularly, that I love clouds!

Day 28 - a beautiful purple Petunia

Day 27 - Another one of our wildlife visitors. This fellow is a Brush-tailed Possum. He is quite common throughout the Eastern third of Australia. However, we have rarely seen them around our property - not sure why.

Day 26 - I love our Rainbow Lorikeets - this one is looking very querulous. He was trying to encourage me to feed him. He will come down and sit on my hand to do this even though he is a wild bird.

Day 25 - I love this shot of one of our large Green Tree Frogs. It was taken on our side glass door so I was able to get the multiple reflections. The frogs come out and sit on our windows in the evening as the internal lights bring lots of insects on which they feast!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoying your interesting wildlife. Your possums are not as ugly as ours. Ours are mean and nasty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These can be pretty mean and nasty too... they just look cuddlier - a bit like our koalas!

      Delete