Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

365 Days in Nature mission - Days 1 - 8

Day 8 - we get some pretty spectacular full moons. I liked this one in particular.

Day 7 - one of our local, occasional residents

Day 6 - just a hole in a rock but what a beauty - love the reflection


Day 5 - Where we live we have an abundance of wild birds. The rainbow lorikeets are particularly tame and love to come in and feed



Day 4 - I live in the beautiful Manning Valley on the mid-north coast of New South Wales in Australia. I am fortunate to work where I live. My husband, Peter and I own a small business, which we set up as a lifestyle change from Sydney. It is called Artisans ...on the hill. It is set up at the (nearly) top of a hill and the vista from the front doors is through the heart of the valley. We look directly east so we get up in the morning to the rising sun. The view is different every morning and, during this year of nature photography, you will see many different moods of the valley. Today's is a misty morning.



Day 3 - an interesting visitor the other day - a bit bigger than we normally see (approximately 13cms/5 inches across), but just a Hunstman, so I let him live!!!



Day 2 - an amazing reflected sunset on the back end of a storm front



Day 1 - Ok, so I've decided to join a group called "365 days in Nature". This group has been set up by a lovely lady who calls her Facebook page 'Me & My Million Blogs. I have been following her for sometime now and find lots of what she has to say fascinating. As well, she is a great photographer, so when she suggested this project for 2013, I hopped on board. So here goes. 




23 comments:

  1. Love the idea and love the photos already. Looking forward to the next 363 days of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Christine! I'm thrilled that I've inspired you to do this. Looking forward to following your journey of 365 Days In Nature. I'm adding you to my sidebar in my Happy Shutterbug blog so I don't miss any! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that spider photo. You guys have more spiders than we have - and we actually are happy when we see one since they eat insects. :-)

    Hope it's okay that I am adding a link to your blog on my 365 Days In Nature blog (http://mlf365.blogspot.com/). Hope you stop by and have a look from time to time as I will with yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love you to add my blog to yours. I am new to this game! I have had a look at your blog. I would like to add your link to mine How do I do it, please?

      Delete
    2. Christine, in your Blogger settings click on "Layout", then "Add a Gadget". Scroll down until you see "Blog List", click that then add the URL of the blog you wish to list. Hope this makes sense!! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Chris I will follow your blog, love the idea of 365 days of nature. Usually there is a button on the side where people can say they want to follow you but I can't find it on here. Maybe I will just follow through facebook. Look forward to seeing what photos you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You live in a beautiful place and have taken some amazing pics. So glad you decided to join us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I have told Thea - you guys have the most amazing birds. Ours are quite dull in comparison. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are very fortunate to have so many colourful birds and you will see more of them as the year progresses! When we have tourists at our place (Artisans ...on the hill) from the Northern Hemisphere visiting us, they are always amazed, especially when they get to hand feed wild birds!

      Delete
    2. Well, I am hoping to be making a visit "down under" - perhaps in 2014.

      Delete
    3. If you make it in 2014, you must come and stay in our B&B. We are only three hours north of Sydney by road!

      Delete
    4. Will check back with you about that when plans are in the process of being made. :-)

      Delete
  7. Do you know if that is a naturally created hole or was it man made?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I presume naturally. It is in a rock formation at the base of a waterfall, part of a creek which floods regularly

      Delete
  8. Love the koala ... I've never seen on in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we live in what is designated as a Koala belt. We see them occasionally!

      Delete
  9. That sunset is awesome! It's also cool see photos from another part of the world where Koalas are seen occasionally!

    ReplyDelete